Last week I took Ellie to her Allergy specialist for a check up. In case you don't know, 2 years ago we found out that Ellie is allergic to: Eggs, Yeast, Beans Peas and Peanuts and also Cats, Dogs and Mold..can't forget..Roaches too. Well, I still notice that she is still itching all the time. It seems like I have to rub cream on her all the time. It never ends. So I told that to the doctor and also that she had Pneumonia in November of 08 and then in January of this year as well. She seemed really concerned and she asked me to take her to Quest for some blood work. Well..Here it goes! I got the results back and the blood work shows that she is allergic to:
eggs, wheat, soy, shrimp, walnuts, oat, corn, dust mites, mold, mildew and cats and dogs. She also said that she wants to do another allergy panel on her back on the 7 th which is next week. She has to remain off of any allergy medication for at least ONE week in order to do the panel. Today is the first day without any medication.
The thoughts that are going through my head are at 100 miles per hour. I am freaking out on the inside thinking..what the heck am I going to feed my child. I NEED HELP PEOPLE!
The Doctor said that the panel will be able to tell us other things that she is allergic to and also tell us how serious each thing is..like on a scale from 1 to 4 and 4 being the worst.
One of my other concerns and thoughts is that I am a Nanny right now and I work at their home and my kids go with me and they have a cat. I have been able to keep Ellie somewhat on control with MEDICATION but tomorrow might be a WHOLE new story. We shall see. Please keep Ellie and myself in your prayers as I deal with this. I am on a whole new ball field. As if being a mom isn't hard enough.
Well, I have tons to do and my head is hurting. Hopefully I won't get a BAD migraine.
Love to all,
Lizzy
Park City Utah
4 years ago











1 comments:
Liz,
I am very sorry to hear about Ellie's allergies. Hopefully there will be a diet out there she can follow and have healthy foods. I will pray for her.
I thought about that cat issues a while back and that might be what is causing some of the symptoms currently. I know b/c my husband and I are allergic to cats. No matter where my Mom puts her cat, or how clean the house is, when we visit we sneeze all the time.
I know that being a Nanny is your current job but brace yourself for an adjustment.
If you guys visit here I will just have to find the dogs a place to stay while Ellie is here. I hope Jay is not allergic.
I pray the upcoming test are more 1's than 4's. If you need me to help research anything like foods just let me know. Much like you I am not sure where to begin but I can try.
I love Ellie very much and I will be praying for her. I know this is said over and over, but everything happens for a reason we just have to be strong and find a way to deal.
I miss and love ya hang in there and pray about the test. I'll pray for your head ache as well. BIG HUG and KISS!
Love
Bonnie
Post a Comment