Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ellie's first day of Kindergarten!











Well, Ellie's first day of Kindergarten was Friday! What a day! I am so proud of my sweet little girl. She is so amazing! The morning started out great. She was so excited about going to school. Daniel and I brought her to school and to her classroom. There were alot of parents in her classroom too. We were allowed to stay for several minutes then all parents had to leave. Ellie got really upset when I told her that we had to go. She held on to Danny for dear life. She was kicking and screaming. I felt so bad and my heart was broken. I wanted to hug her and tell her that she would be alright. I know this is something she has to do and I have to be strong. I got choked up when she was sitting at her desk coloring. She looked so grown up! It really hit me..my baby girl is in kindergarten! I still can't believe it! I told her that is was okay if she got sad or upset and I let her know that other kids are feeling the same way she was. Although, I think I made it worse. :(
After Danny and I left, we both had to go to work. I swear I have never looked at the clock as much as I did that day. I could not wait for her to get off the bus and to see her smiling face!
Gabe was with me at my "nanny" job and he did great without Ellie. I thought he was going to have a hard time but he has adjusted so far.
Well, 3:45 came and Ellie got off the bus and she was so happy! I gave her a great big hug and told her how proud I was of her. She couldn't wait to call Danny to tell him all about her day. It was so cute watching her on the phone with him explaining everything in detail!
Later that day, we went to my friends class at a parenting center nearby and she read books about school starting and we did some art and crafts on the books we read. It was so much fun. The kids also wore their pajamas. When we got home from that, Daddy was home. It turned out to be a wonderful day. Ellie wanted to know if she could go to school on Saturday too. She can't wait for Monday to come around. I am so glad she had a great day.
One more thing...Ellie said in the car on the way to the class Friday night.."mommy, I have to tell you something, CAN you believe that buses DON'T have seat belts! That is so Dangerous Mom!" She said she thought that she would need to call me to tell me that. It was so darn cute and so true!

0 comments: