I orginally started my blog as a way to keep in touch with my sister as she is in college and as a journal of my life for my children to someday read. I would have loved to have something like this to look at and see what my mom went through and felt while watching my brothers and I grow up. My mom passed away on May 28, 2007 from a brain aneurism. It showed me how short life truly is. I have grown alot since then, not only as a person but in Faith. God is the only person that has helped me overcome the death of my mom. I look back now, and it has only been one year and a half but alot has changed since then. This blog has helped me write out my feelings and share special moments in my life with others. I feel that someday I might be able to help someone else that doesn't have hope or faith to get through a difficult time. God is AMAZING! I also have a very supportive husband that I can't live without! It is amazing to me how much closer we have became through these difficult times and I am so grateful for that!
"For in our suffering, not apart from it, Jesus enters our
sadness, takes us by the hand,
pulls us gently up to stand, and invites us to dance.
We find the way to pray, as the psalmist did,
"You have turned my mourning into dancing" (Ps 30:11),
because at the center of our grief
we can find the grace of God."
(excerpt from Henri Nouwen's "Turn My Mourning Into Dancing")
I found this on "Bring the Rain" Blog. I have found several blogs that have really touched me. It is a whole new world.
Something on my heart...
I read a blog
www.kellyskornerblog.com and they are going through a difficult time right now and they need our prayers. Kelly just had a baby and there have been some complications since "baby Harper" has come to this world. Here is what Kelly writes:
Update on my girl:
We were able to meet with Harper's doctor today for the first time since she has been there. It was a very good meeting. He gave us a lot of details. It was very difficult for me to sit and listen to him talk about how sick my little baby is. Our families felt it was very positive but it was just scary for me. Basically it is a long and gradual process. They believe she got an infection which has caused the problems with her lungs. They think her heart and brain are both good. Very, very slowly - they are trying to get her off the oxygen that is supporting her lungs. They think ECMO is a final resort. We will most likely be here for weeks. Her numbers seem to improve little by little and we do have a lot of hope. She is critical but stable.
A lot of you ask how I am doing. It's hard. I'm very swollen and in a lot of pain but it's getting better every day. I have a hard time doing the things I should like resting, eating, Pumping on a schedule - because I'm so focused on everything else. I'm trying hard to slow down and focus on what I need to get well so I can be the best mom for Harper I can be.
We love each of you who visit this blog DEARLY!
Park City Utah
4 years ago











0 comments:
Post a Comment