Request from the heart
I know like everyone, you all are probably spent this Christmas, but I have a request:
Delaney has a good friend named Victoria she met through Girl Scouts last year when I was her Brownie troop leader. If you've been reading this blog long and heard me asking for prayer requests for them, you know how special this little girl and her family are to me. I have become friends with her mom, Demi, in the past year and a half as well. We have been praying very hard for their family because Victoria's Daddy, Jody, has been battling cancer. Well, this past Wednesday, he lost his battle and went to be with Jesus.
It happened quite suddenly... Victoria was getting ready to go to NYC with her aunt and Demi ran out to get her a disposable digital camera to take. When she returned home, Jody was gasping for air and she called 911. He lost his pulse a couple times and within 30 minutes of getting to the E.R. he was gone and there was nothing else to do. Needless to say, that precious family is devastated. They were told he'd try this chemo and if it didn't work they had another one to try. They still had hope left... and suddenly have nothing.
My friend, Lizzy, called Wednesday (actually the day he died) and said she felt we need to do something for them this year - like decorate the outside of their house or collect food for them. We had started to get things together to surprise them when I heard the news. Last year my family gave them a gift card to Wal-Mart for almost $400 - anonymously. Victoria and her 4-year-old little sister, Emily, had a wonderful Christmas and it felt SOOO good on this end. They also have an 18 year old half-brother, Travis, who lives with them.
I know it's "last minute", but what can we do for them? I feel like it needs to be BIG. Of course what they need most are prayers, so please send some up for them - for strength and will and that they'll figure out a way to pick up the pieces and move forward. I feel as though they need a good Christmas. They need a reason to smile. I can collect food, money, toys, anything! They don't have much, between medical bills, Demi having to quit her job to take care of him, etc. Anything would be well appreciated. So, if you feel like you have something to give, please email me ryangie97@bellsouthnet or call me (985-661-1671/788-5592). Also, if you have any ideas of how things might be handled (considering I've never done anything on this scale before), I would be more that open to suggestions.
Please pass this on to everyone you think may want to help. I have a limited # of email addresses due to the fact that Hurricane Gustav zapped my computer...
My heart is breaking for this family.
Park City Utah
4 years ago











0 comments:
Post a Comment