Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Heavy Heart..

 

This is a picture of Danielle and her husband Dwight with their daughter's.


I have something I want to share...
I just got home from a photography job I did at a Bridal Shower. I saw a familiar face of someone I photographed a while back. It was actually her daughter's birthday that I photographed. Well, the lady's name is Danielle. She noticed me when I walked in and I walked over to give her a hug and I asked her how she had been and she said.."Well, I am doing a little bit better." I said "a little bit better, what happened." She looked shocked that I didn't know. She said that on March 22nd, Her and her husband Dwight were on their way to church and a drunk driver hit them head on and Dwight died instantly. She said that she was hurt pretty badly and had been in the hospital for 2 months. She actually has to go in the hospital tomorrow for some more surgery to help her leg and foot.
I met Dwight at the event that I photographed and also at their home when I delivered the photo book that I created from the party. He was such a nice man and a great Dad. He was playing Rockband with his daughter when I went to their home. He even started showing Ellie and Gabe how to do it. He asked me to take a picture of him and his wife so he could get it framed for his work. I had it printed for him and gave it to him that night. He loved it!
Well, after Danielle told me the story, my eyes filled up and my heart was broken. I still feel so upset. The whole time I was shooting the bridal shower, all I could think about was Danielle and what she had been through and is still going through. I just wanted to share the story because we all need to remember how special life is and not to take a single day for granted. It could all end tomorrow. Please pray for Danielle tomorrow as she goes into surgery in the morning which will be a 4 hour procedure.

May God Blees you all...

Lizzy :(
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: