Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 8, 2009

The Scratch Test Results: Ellie

Well, where do I start?
Thursday at 11:00 Ellie had to get a scratch test on her back to find out the severity of everything she is allergic to and also to see if she is allergic to anything else. She had one done before and it was 2 years ago. The doctor seemed to have very little patience for Ellie's screaming and crying. She was scared to death to have this done. She knew how much pain would be involved. I felt so bad for her. My dad came with me to help because Danny couldn't come. All I have to say is Thank God for Dad's! He is so Awesome! I don't think I could have handled this on my own. Ellie was screaming "Poppa..NO! Please tell her to stop Poppa, Please Poppa NO..Help Momma, Please help, No Poppa, No Momma......while she was laying face down, with no shirt on. It took everything in me to not cry.
I didn't know what a scratch test was until 2 years ago and OH MY GOODNESS! There are about 9 different square things with about 8 needles on each. It is hard to explain. Each one has a different serum in it and it has to sit on the back for 15 minutes after being poked on the back with 72 needles. Well in case you are wondering, HER WHOLE back was inflamed. It looked like 72 mosquitoes bit her!
Here are her allergies (food):
eggs, Yeast, beans, peas, Peanuts, walnuts, shrimp, oats, corn, wheat, soy, melon, oranges, celery, pork and tomato! Can you believe it! I can't!
No wonder Ellie was itching all the time, no matter how much medicine you gave her! The doctor just wanted to keep giving her high doses of medicine to help her stop itching! Well...HELLO WOMAN, she's itching because she is allergic to so many new things that didn't show up 2 freaking years ago! I have to say that since I have eliminated all of the things that she is allergic to, her skin is 100% better.
She is starting kindergarten in August and now she will be able to learn instead of scratching her whole body all over. My poor angel.

Well, there was a special moment after Ellie got her shots and all the serum got wiped off after sitting on her back for 15 minutes of Pure torture! My dad was rocking Ellie and holding her close and humming a song.."love lifted me." It was so cute! It was such a moment for me that I will never forget. I will cherish it forever! I am so grateful for my Dad. He always steps up to the plate to help me no matter what is going on his way. He treated me and the kids to lunch and a movie after. We saw the movie "Earth". It was pretty cool. It did have a couple parts in it that I didn't want to see but it was an amazing movie. It is so awesome to see my dad hold my daughter and the look on his face when he sees the kids. It is so obvious how much he loves them! I love my dad!!!

Back to Ellie...
The doctor wants Ellie to get allergy shots every WEEK and it will be 2 shots per week!
Also, another shot once every 3 months as well. She said that these shots will not help her with food allergies. It will help her with the other things such as mold, grass, trees and pollen. She is allergic to all of that too and you can't forget CATS and DOGS!
It is just not FAIR!!

0 comments: