As you all know (from previous post) Ellie is allergic to many things: eggs, yeast, beans, peas, peanuts, wheat, oat, soy, corn, walnuts, shrimp, cats and dogs as well as mold and mildew.
I have had a really hard time finding things for her to eat. I will need everyone's prayers for Thursday because I have to take her back to the Allergy Specialist for an Allergy panel on her back. Which will consist of about 48 needles on her back. It is no fun. Each set has about 8 needles on it and it is done about 6 times. She has not been on ANY medication since last Tuesday (APR 28Th). If I give her anything, she will not be able to take the Allergy panel.
Me and my silly self has been giving her things with "corn syrup and corn starch" without even realizing that certain food items had that in it. Like yogurt for instance has corn syrup in it! I also found out thanks to Internet research that Ketchup, cough drops, sodas (all kinds) has corn syrup in it. She can't even have chocolate thanks to "soy". Nor can she have chocolate pudding because of corn starch. I could go on and on and on about all the things that I am finding out that she can't have and it is the things she LOVES! Like Popcorn for goodness sakes! It is so SAD! I do know it could be worse. On the bright side: She will be ONE healthy Child!!! That is for sure!
I just had to vent about that. Well, now that I am aware of most of the things that she can not eat, her skin is looking 100% better. It is so soft now and she is NOT itching. It almost brings tears to my eyes.
I came up with a meal tonight and Ellie loved it! It had ground meat with rice in it and I made the rice and meat into balls without using eggs or bread. I added a couple seasonings that she can have and I browned the meat a little without cooking it all the way through. Then I put Tomato sauce (organic) and Diced Tomatoes and a pinch of sugar on the top and I covered it with Aluminum foil and I baked it for one hour.
Ellie ate every drop in her bowl. She said "Momma, I loved it. You need to make this every night." It made me so happy that I came up with something she can eat and something that she loves! Go ME! :) he he
Well, I have tons of pics to edit from this past weekend. Gotta get to work.
Love to all and please keep Ellie in your prayers.
Thanks,
Lizzy
Park City Utah
4 years ago











0 comments:
Post a Comment