All I can say is God is truly amazing! Times are tough here in the Regueira Family and money is tight. With Christmas around the corner and my little man Gabe's 3 year Birthday around the corner, we are pretty stressed. I know what bills lay ahead and I know what Daniel brings home. I happened to notice that we would be short. I have been praying really hard and being specific for God to provide for our family. All I want is the basic needs! I know all things are possible through Jesus! Well, with that being said, God is amazing. I have been doing photography for quite some time now. I have also been thinking of creative ways to get my name out there. Well, God has been working too! I have had every single weekend booked this month! Can you believe it! I can!!
I have also been doing some soul searching. I have been surrounding myself with christian songs, scripture readings, and prayer time with the Lord! It is so hard to find moments throughout each day for this but I am MAKING time no MATTER what. I heard my pastor say, "How do you expect God to talk to you if you are not giving him a chance to." You need to surround yourself with his wisdom! We spend 90% of our day watching the news, listening to the Radio and playing on the computer and talking to Men and women "of the world" and hardly any time with the Lord Jesus Christ! I thought to myself..You are right!! So, I am making a change and I have noticed a big difference in myself and the way I feel. I feel like my heart is open and my eyes are open to his words! I want nothing more than to live a life that is pleasing to God! I want to be a parent that teaching my children to live a life that is pleasing to God as well! It is getting harder and harder in the world we live in today! Times are tough and the world is not getting any easier!
Something happened a while back, actually on my birthday this past year (October 1, 2007). Ellie had school that day and I was getting ready in my room when she came in to tell me her earring came out. I was shocked because it had a Lock back on it. It is a special earring you can get for little ones. They are really hard to take out. Well, I had to find a back for it until we could go to the mall to get her another set of earrings because they don't sell just the backs to them. So I looked in my drawer where I keep my jewelry. As I opened the drawer, I noticed a pink note from my mom (which passed away in May 2007). It has been really hard on me since she passed away and I have been really struggling with dealing with her death. In case you don't know, she died from an aneurysm that came on all of a sudden. My mom was my best friend! She was very young (53 yrs old).
I saw the note and slowly opened it and she wrote me that note when Daniel and I were leaving for our honeymoon. She always wrote little notes like that to me through out my whole life. I wish I would have saved all of them. She had such an awesome way of saying very few words but they were very meaning full and full of her heart! She always said.."It's the little things that mean the most". Well, I will share with you what she wrote,
Dated 3-24-01
Liz, I watched you and Danny walk through the doors of the Holiday Inn office. I smiled and thought, "they're a couple now." They'll rely on each other--that's good. That's the way it should be. Then I thought, but when Liz has a problem it will be Danny she turns to; when she's down, it will be Danny she talks it out with. I realized that we've been evolving to this point for a long time and I've been feeling the loss for a long time. We've traded hands, It's not easy for me to accept.
On one hand - it's a joyous thing! It shows you're growing up, learning to stand on your own without me. You're growing more stronger. Like learning to walk. Holding my hand and taking steps until your ready to let go and walk on your own. As it should be.
I'm so proud of you, so proud of the woman you've become. I was so worried at times, that you hadn't heard me. All I could do was pray and plead with God to be merciful with you. But you DID hear!!! You want to stay close to God and have God lead your and Danny's lives. I told you I felt like a failure---OH LIZZY--NOT anymore!! You've given me such hope! Justin and Jesse may turn out okay after all!! I know now you and Danny will be just fine.
Your lives are in God's hands. Ask HIM to lead and guide your every step and every decision and you will lead Happy lives and God will bless you.
Thank you for your very kind word! Those words are my greatest reward!!
Love, Mom
I remember reading this note on that day and It meant alot but when I read that again on my birthday, I felt like God put that there to remind me what was important!
I Never want to let God down or my mom! Now that I am a Mom, I see the world in a whole new light! I am responsible for raising my children and teaching them God's word. I want the same things for my children that my mom wanted for me!
Just reading her words again makes me miss her even more. She was such an amazing woman! I miss her so much! It is getting a little easier as time goes by but there are still many many moments where I just brake down and cry!
I hope some of my words can somehow help or change someones life or just touch your heart!
May God Bless you,
Love..Lizzy
My cup runneth over
Park City Utah
4 years ago











1 comments:
Lizzy...
Your blog and YOU are so inspirational. This is Astrid's cousin Erika, and I am in tears after reading your mom's message...what a beautiful bond you two share/d...it is so true about motherhood and how you see life in a totally different light.
Erika
mulsowfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment