Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Be still and know that I AM"

We are in too big a hurry, and we run by far more than we catch up with. The Bible tells us to "be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10 KJV). Beauty doesn't shout. Loveliness is quiet. Our finest moods are not clamorous. The familiar appeals of the Divine are always in calm tones...a still, small voice.
Charles L. Allen


I have been reading some devotions for couples lately and It has really helped me deal with the trying times we are having lately. It is so easy to deal with life when things are going great, but when times get tough, we tend to look for God. We should always look to God through our ups and downs. It is like a marriage..for better or worse and through sickness and in health. I am preaching to myself as well. I am far from perfect.
Daniel and I had the chance to go and see the movie "Fireproof" this past Wednesday.
It was an awesome movie and very powerful. I am so glad we went! I think everyone should go and see that movie. I find it amazing how most of the movies that are rated "R" are really popular but movies that are rated "PG" are not appealing to the world today. This movie did not have any curse words in it and it was really nice to sit there and watch a movie without profanity.

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5

0 comments: