Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 1, 2008

Hurricane Gustav

Well...All is well. We are alive and that is what is important. We left Saturday and originally had intentions of going to Marksville near Alexandria, LA. Last minute, we decided to go East to Destin, FL. We are in a Hotel and safe. Our room is facing the Beach and we have seen the water get pretty rough but not as bad as expected. I told Ellie when we left our house to say a prayer and she said.."I know Momma, I will TELL God to watch over our house and keep the trees away and tell God to make NO water go in it." She was hilarious. I told her.."that's right". Children are amazing.
My friend Nicki left the Westbank Saturday around 3:00 heading to Alabama (which should have been a 45 minute to an hour drive and instead, it took her 5 Hours to get to Slidell. She came over and stayed the night to get some rest and we all got our stuff together and got on the road around 1:30am. It took us 10 1/2 hours to get to Destin and it should have only taken maybe 5 hours. Danny and I took both of our cars just in case and he also needs to get back to his dealership as soon as he can.
We are thinking about leaving in the morning to head home if we are allowed.
I talked to a friend of mine via text message because it is so hard to get a call thru on cell phones. Well..she said that a friend of hers stayed in our neighborhood and everything looks good so far. I also called my house phone and I got my answering machine which means that our power is on. That is awesome news because I really anticipated no power. I am very happy and grateful. Hurricane Katrina really taught me alot and put things into perspective. I know that Material things can be replaced. It is still hard to think of things that I left behind that I really don't want to be without. Hopefully things are okay at my house and it will remain unharmed from Hurricane Gustav.
Well..I better get to bed. All our love and I hope and pray everyone is okay.
The Regueira Family

0 comments: