I started going to grief counseling about a month or two after my mom passed and it has helped alot. There are usually around 7-10 people there and it helps to just listen to other's and what they are going through and lessons they have learned and so on...
Well, there is a guy (older man) that is maybe 80 years old and he was married to his wife for over 60 years! She passed away almost 2 months ago. He brought a poem last night and here it is..
Lord, I am hurting. The Pain is deep, and I feel the mountains are so steep. I cannot seem to stand. Please, dear Lord take my hand. I cannot seem to find my way. For me the sun is not shining today. I know you're there, I've felt your presence near but now, my Lord, my heart is gripped with fear. Lord, help the sun to shine and to know that you are mine. Heal this pain I feel, make your presence very real. Today, Lord, I give you all. Help me, dear Lord, not to fall. And if I fall, hold me tight, so I can feel your strength and might.
Things that I have had to deal with this past month...
We put our house up for sale and we are moving to Covington or somewhere near there. I had a garage sale and my dad brought over alot of stuff that he wanted to get rid of. Well, there were tons of my mom's clothes and her belongings. It was so hard to see her dresses and her robe and her shirts and her pajamas, pants...everything she had!! I could smell her in the clothes..almost as if she was right there. I know she is in Heaven but it was so hard to see her things go. I know this is all a process that I have to go through but is still hard!
I am so glad the garage sale is over with and I did end up making about 400 dollars! That was the only good part about it.
On a positive note, I have had several photography jobs. That has been keeping me going. I made 3 scrapbooks online at photoworks for 3 different people. They came out wonderful. I am very proud of them. I am shocking myself.
Another thing that is upseting is the thought of moving. It has been so hard trying to keep our house clean and like a "show house". It is not EASY with 2 little ones making a mess every time I turn around. I hate CHANGE!! I have had so much change in the past year. I also know that next month will be mother's day and also ONE year since my mom is gone from earth.
I had a really bad break down today. I woke up just feeling so depressed. I brought Ellie to school and then as soon as she got out the car, I just sobbed and sobbed. I went to Walmart to get a couple things we needed but I sat in the parking lot for almost 10 minutes crying and then trying to get myself together. I felt a little better after that. I know everyone is different with the grieving process. I have no idea where I should be but I just know that I am trying to deal with it in the best way possible. Well...that is my story for today..
Love to all...
Lizzy
Park City Utah
4 years ago











0 comments:
Post a Comment